- Presentations must be delivered in English.
- Presenters should be in smart causal and are expected to arrive at their presentation venue at least 10 minutes in advance of their designated session. Information on venues and sessions of presentations can be found at conference website.
- The time allowed for oral presentation (including a short Q&A) is equally shared by all presenters in the session. Session Chair will give the presenter a reminder when there are 7 minutes left and a warning when there are 5 minutes left, so that the presenter will have one to two minutes to wrap up before Q&A. Unless otherwise agreed upon with the Session Chair, presenter will not be able to extend the presentation time, even if the presenter has technical problems during the presentation.
- Presenters must be knowledgeable about their research project and answer questions during Q & A part of their presentation. The presentation must cover the same subject/ material as reported in the accepted abstract.
- The venue for oral presentations will be equipped and supported with the following.
- Microphone, LCD projector and screen (presenter/clicker will NOT be provided);
- Desktop computer operating in Windows 10 with Microsoft PowerPoint 2016;
- If you will use your own laptop, please bring your own adaptor.
- Presentations may only be given in Microsoft PowerPoint/ Adobe Acrobat Reader. No other audio/ visual medium (e.g., slide, video, or overhead) or software is allowed. Although free Wi-Fi connection is available at the conference venue, presenters are strongly advised against relying on an internet connection for their presentations since presenters may not be able to reliably connect to the website of interest. It is the presenters’ responsibility to make sure that their presentations will run smoothly. Troubleshooting often eats into presentation time.
- To avoid conflicts and ensure your presentation runs properly, you are urged to follow the guidance below.
- Create or save your presentation file in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 (or earlier versions) or in PDF, and prepare your presentation as a single Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF file to run on an operating system in Windows compatible computer with Microsoft Office. Please save your file as a normal Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF file and do not use Presenter View in PowerPoint.
- To save everyone’s time, presenters are strongly encouraged to save your presentation file in a USB memory stick rather than connect your own laptop.
- Arrive at the presentation venue 10 minutes prior to your designated session and load your file to the session laptop by using USB memory stick.
(Presentation rooms: http://sympo2017.ust.hk/symposiumvenue.html)
- Properly name your presentation file.
- If your presentation does require the use of software other than the aforementioned software, such as videos with a format not supported by Windows or supported by the default operating system, please bring your own laptop as well as your own software and adaptor. However, please be considerate of the presenters following you and note that the time for your technical setup is included in your allocated presentation time. See point 5.